Mother’s Day is Sunday May 10th! I firmly believe in recognizing all that my mother does for me every day, but it’s nice to have an extra special day just for her. Mother’s Day is a time for us all to say thank you to the special women in our lives (mothers, step-mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, friends, etc.) and show them how much they are appreciated. I like to change it up a bit each year and treat my mother to something different. Of course there is the traditional sappy Hallmark card and flowers, but I like to keep things interesting.
This year I decided to buy concert tickets to see one of my mom’s favorite country music duos (Florida Georgia Line anyone?). She will be spending the weekend with her best friend at the shore for the concert and enjoying a mini vacation. She works so hard every day to provide for my family and she could use a few days to herself to unwind and have fun. I’m sure we all could say the same the special women in our lives.
For this week’s post, I decided that I wanted to highlight some great Mother’s Day gift ideas. Flowers and greeting cards are sweet, but sometimes it’s fun to go beyond that! Below you will see my list of 20 ideas. Hopefully it serves as a source of creativity and inspiration for you this Mother’s Day!
- Concert tickets for her and a friend
- Theater tickets for her and a friend
- treat her to brunch at her favorite restaurant
- Alex and Ani bangle (My mom loves these! http://www.alexandani.com)
- Spa day
- Mani & pedi
- BYOB group painting class (Pinot’s Palette is my favorite! http://www.pinotspalette.com)
- Fruit bouquet (www.ediblearrangements.com)
- personalized stationary
- framed art print(s) of work by her favorite artist
- Birchbox subscription (www.birchbox.com)
- day or weekend trip to her favorite local travel destination
- Winery/Vineyard Tour
- Yoga class registration
- gardening tools and starter seeds
- hand-crafted jewelry (Etsy is the best source)
- Custom quilt using old t-shirts (check out kentshirtquilt.com)
- Painted portrait of her pet(s)
- Polaroid camera (yes, they still exist!)
- last, but certainly not least, a heartfelt “thank you” for everything she does
Every Mother is different. Each has her own personality, style, hobbies, and wit. Giver her a gift that she will enjoy, but most importantly, let her know she is loved and appreciated. A little thank you can make all the difference.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! Enjoy your day this weekend!
Fabric Textile Products, Inc.
Photograph disclaimer: Please note photos credited to Fabric Textile Products, Inc. belong to myself and our company. All others images belong to the owners/businesses that have been credited and/or directly linked. I do not own those images. They belong to their rightful owners. Thank you.