Warm weather has arrived and so has bridal season! Bridal (or wedding) season is typically from May-September and is the most prevalent time of the year for love birds to say “I Do”. The weather is pleasant, which makes it easier on everyone involved. The bride can wear her short or strapless dress. Pictures will have a naturally beautiful backdrop. Ceremonies and receptions can be held outdoors. Who doesn’t enjoy gorgeous weather?!
With every wedding comes a bridal shower (typically 1 – 3 months prior to the ceremony). The bride-to-be is honored with a party to celebrate her upcoming special day. Family, friends, & bridesmaids want her to have a great time and enjoy all they have in store for her. This means a showering of gifts and goodies for both her and her hubby-to-be to enjoy. In my opinion, bridal showers are right up there with the almighty bachelorette party on my list of fun things to do. I have always enjoyed these celebrations more than the actual wedding day. Girl time is the best time!
Sometimes gift-giving can be more stressful that actually planning a shower. Gift registry lists at high-end stores like Macy’s or Pottery Barn can be pretty intimidating when shopping on a budget. Instead of splurging on the $300 crystal flower vase, try your hand at one of these simple DIY gift ideas! The bride will be appreciative of whatever you may bring to her. When it comes from the heart, it holds a higher value than any price tag.
- Set of cloth napkins and matching napkin rings (these can be handmade if you’re crafty!)
- personalized monogrammed linens (the ideas are endless: napkins, table cloths, pillowcases, blankets, etc…)
- Mr. & Mrs. wine glasses paired with the bride’s wine of choice (custom wine glasses are a really fun DIY paint project!)
- Certificate for a spa day or trip to the salon for a mani/pedi (this will come in handy as she prepares for the big day)
- Beach bag for the honeymoon filled with her travel necessities – sunglasses, flip flops, towel, and swimsuit. Have the bag embroidered or printed with her new married name (ie: Mrs._______) Keep in mind her favorite colors and prints!
If you need a little guidance, another great gift giving idea is to get 1 item from the registry and add your own creative flair. This can still be budget-friendly and incredibly thoughtful. Check out this list for some inspiration!
- Registry gift: mixing bowls, bakeware, pots/pans, etc. – Pair with a hand-made recipe book or recipe cards of some of your favorite dishes & baked goodies. Some simple scrapbooking supplies are all you need and a little Also include blank pages or cards so the couple can add to it!
- Registry gift: coffee maker, tea kettle, etc. – Pair with His & Hers mugs and gourmet beans or teas. Ceramic mugs can easily be personalized with a little craft paint and imagination.
- Registry gift: bath towel set – Pair with a basket full of the ultimate bath and body essentials! Put together a bunch of the bride’s favorite lotions, soaps, fragrance mists, bath bombs, & a bottle of bubble bath of course! A trip to your local Bath & Body Works will have all you need to pamper the special lady! A cute pair of terry slippers in her favorite color would be an excellent addition too!
The possibilities are endless when it comes to bridal shower gifts. Don’t let the number on a price tag hold you back. Be thoughtful. Be creative. Keep it personal. Your gal pal is sure to love it!
The absolute best bridal/wedding resource is The Knot. I highly recommend browsing their site for other helpful tips and ideas!
Fabric Textile Products, Inc.
Photograph disclaimer: Please note photos credited to Fabric Textile Products, Inc. belong to myself and our company. All others images belong to the owners/businesses that have been credited and/or directly linked. I do not own those images. They belong to their rightful owners. Thank you.